Welcome

Welcome to readers and followers. If you are a follower of this blog, or just reading it, you can truly say, that you are reading or following, the right thing! That should make a person feel good. Another right thing that I wish for you. [I hope you don't dislike puns too much. A long time ago, a friend and I had them down to a fine point. And they were fun at that time. I more rarely use them now, but sometimes I can't resist.]

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Prayer

The above prayer in the Introduction is part of the belief and philosophy that has been developed in the progression of my thinking, feeling, and spiritual self during my lifetime. That, of course, is not my only prayer. I pray for family, friends, people I know and people I don’t know. I pray for a person’s salvation, for someone’s health concern, for the grievous loss of a loved one; for someone who seems to have lost their way; for a personal need when someone has lost employment, or other problem, and doesn’t know how they will be able to take care of their family.

There are many reasons to pray. There are many times we ask for God's blessings upon someone or for an endeavor, and times when we utter the simple, but heartfelt prayer, "Thank you, Lord." I pray for guidance in my own life, and strength to do what I must. Sometimes I may feel that I just don’t know how to pray in a particular situation. But, however I pray, and for whomever I pray, God always knows what the right thing is, even if I don’t.

2 comments:

  1. I like the new blog and the title. I saw the first part of your prayer on Facebook last night but didn't realize it was the introduction to your new blog. I am looking forward to reading your thoughts and opinions and learning about all the things that you are curious about. "The way I see it," I am extremely fortunate and blessed to be able to call you "mother."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments. I like the way you see it. I hadn't intended to post anything until later, but several thoughts went through my mind and when I went in for the 'last email check,' I decided I would type them up before they disappeared. So, I went ahead and posted it - about 10:30, not 8:30. I don't think I've noticed the difference in "our time and their time" in my other blog. More about prayer/the right thing later.

    ReplyDelete