Welcome

Welcome to readers and followers. If you are a follower of this blog, or just reading it, you can truly say, that you are reading or following, the right thing! That should make a person feel good. Another right thing that I wish for you. [I hope you don't dislike puns too much. A long time ago, a friend and I had them down to a fine point. And they were fun at that time. I more rarely use them now, but sometimes I can't resist.]

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Horizons

Today’s thought: “A horizon is nothing, save the limit of our sight.”

This quote is part of a longer prayer in the Devotions in the back of my Bible. It was meant for comfort in thinking of death, but I think the portion above can be applied in other situations also. Could it not be paraphrased to say, a horizon is nothing, save the limit of our thoughts? I will list the complete prayer, and leave it to you to think about. Needless to say, I don’t know the originator of the prayer.

“O God, teach our hearts to know that Life is eternal, and Love is immortal, and Death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight. Lift us up that we may see further; cleanse our eyes that we may see more clearly; through Jesus Christ, our Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment