Welcome

Welcome to readers and followers. If you are a follower of this blog, or just reading it, you can truly say, that you are reading or following, the right thing! That should make a person feel good. Another right thing that I wish for you. [I hope you don't dislike puns too much. A long time ago, a friend and I had them down to a fine point. And they were fun at that time. I more rarely use them now, but sometimes I can't resist.]

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Personal Candle Power

"The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord." Proverbs 20:27 Let your life so shine.

How bright or dim is our candle power? Do our words and actions match-- both giving off the same brightness? Does the wick need trimmed?

Do we give off the same vibes in what we say and what we do in relation to others? How does the Bible tell us, as Christians, to behave towards others? Are we perhaps too judgmental at times? If so, how do we pray? Do we pray for those who "spitefully use us?" Towards what end should we pray: For ourselves? For others?

This is simply a "Think About It" that I pose for my reflection and yours.

2 comments:

  1. There is much to think about in this. The part that has captured my mind in this first reading is near the end where the question is asked, "Towards what end should we pray? For ourselves? For others?" My answer to the last two parts of that is,"Yes." To clarify, I'll reword those questions into a response. "Our prayers are most productive and helpful when we pray for ourselves to truly understand the other person." What that means to me, is to think about what the other person is seeing, feeling or experiencing so that you can connect with them or respond to them in a way that promotes a positive relationship instead of building a wall between you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some very good thoughts there. Your comments are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete